background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

SUU is Fantastic


Michael and I are attending SUU this fall. Classes officially begin on August 22, but we aren't worried. We have signed up for online classes only so we can stay in Spanish Fork for a little while longer, save some money, adjust to Elai, etc.

Before you think I am psycho for birthing a child a week into the semester (which, last year I would like to point out I got married like two weeks into the semester, so if you think I'm crazy, you may be correct), I will point out that I am only taking two courses. I am taking a computer literacy course that I am pretty sure I could complete with very little effort and a children's literature course. The lit class is upper division (yay!) and looks like it will be a lot of fun. I have the syllabus already from the instructor (I got it months ago so I could prepare. . .which of course didn't actually happen).

The great part is that the computer class already has all the assignments and quizzes/tests posted online, so I can get started asap!

You're probably thinking I am a total slacker and will resemble previous habits of mine where I put everything off until the last moment.

THINK AGAIN!!!

I have already started the course! There are 6 sections to it: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Technology 1, and Technology 2. I have already completed the first two sections, tests and all! I am one third of the way done with the class and it hasn't even officially begun for four days!!!

HA! Take that, naysayers!

I am hoping to have it all finished by the time Elai is born that way I will only have to concentrate on the one class, which will take a lot more effort.

Michael is taking four courses online, so he is going to be really preoccupied this semester, poor guy! But, he can do it. I have complete faith in him.

The biggest stumbling block is our lack of books. We ordered them on half.com and are still waiting on about 5 of the 10. Hopefully they come soon so we don't fall behind already!

1 comment:

Steven and Chelsea said...

You can totally do it!! I started my 2 of my final 4 Master's classes the day I got induced w/ Quintin. When they're newborns it's the best time to take classes because they sleep all the time. And online classes will be awesome because you can turn stuff in at any hour of the day or night!! Wahoo for you guys. I love SUU!