background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best. Father. Ever.



I am allowed to rave about my husband whenever I want, and today is no exception. I am just so amazed at his fatherly abilities. He has sacrificed so much for me and for Elai.
Even though he was stressed and exhausted and sore last night, he still did everything in his power to calm down our crying babe.
But, last night is not the only thing he is amazing at. I keep teasing that he found a list of "how to be the best dad ever" and he is just going down the checklist making sure he gets every one of them.
  • Make sure I am fed, rested, and happy
  • Make sure Elai is fed, rested, and happy
  • Read Elai books
  • Sing to Elai
  • Sing to me
  • Do the dishes
  • Make dinners
  • Do the Laundry
  • Volunteer to change diapers
I mean, this list could go on and on and on, but I don't want to bore you.
I am just so happy and grateful that our Heavenly Father sent him into my life and helped him fall in love with me. I couldn't be happier than I am right now with my husband and our baby.

2 comments:

Oma said...

Adorable Elai and WONDERFUL PARENTS!!
Love you three!!

Steven and Chelsea said...

I always knew Mike would be a great daddy! That top pic is PRECIOUS!!